Are you always telling your friends about museums you should visit or concerts you should attend? Do you enjoy learning about how arts events are made or how theatres run? Maybe you also like meeting other creatives and talking through new ideas? If this sounds like you, then you should apply to the Culture Shock Miami Student Advisory Council! If you want to learn more about what the council does, visit our Meet the Council page or check out our Blog!
As a Council member you get to:
- Attend shows and visit museums!
- Write for the Student Council blog
- Develop social media campaigns
- Advocate the importance of the arts in the community
- Staff the info table for events throughout the season
- Serve on committees that assist with planning and/or promoting events
- Share information about Culture Shock Miami with your community
- Learn about the administrative side of the arts
- Receive volunteer credit for your school (as applicable)
We meet virtually during the school year (September - May) on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 3:30 - 5:00 PM. Anyone is welcome to apply (no arts experience necessary), but you must be within the program's age range (13-22) to apply.